Job Vacancy: Marketing Officer
University degree in economics, business administration, marketing and communication or related fields.
Professional Experience Desired
Has experience working with international organizations, multinational corporation or in international development cooperation, in particular in the field of investment promotion or related fields.
· Plans, engages in, implements, and coordinates proactive investment promotion activities, marketing strategies, and related interventions designed to convince investors to invest in the COMESA region and to promote COMESA RIA;
· Organizes and participates to international conferences, investment missions, seminars, and other;
· Plans, develops, and oversees the production of marketing contents and designs to be disseminated through online, printed, and other types of media;
· Responds to, handles, and follows-up with investor and other stakeholders’ inquiries;
· Works as one of COMESA RIA’s main focal points for COMESA Member States Investment Promotion Agencies, and as such, maintains contacts with the latter on a daily/ weekly basis;
· Attends and contributes to the development, planning and coordination of interventions aiming to improve the business and investment climate of COMESA Member States, including training workshops and capacity-building activities, as well as the execution of relevant studies;
· Engages in resource mobilization activities targeting development partners to carry-out the agency’s strategic plan. This includes the drafting of proposals and concept notes, organization of and attendance to meetings, maintenance and expansion of relations with development partners, etc.;
· Monitors, coordinates and reports on RIA’s activities;
· Networks with COMESA RIA’s various stakeholders including COMESA Member States and other governments, multinationals and business leaders, business associations and chambers of commerce, multilateral organizations, COMESA Secretariat and other COMESA institutions, etc. Networking can take the form of attending conferences, setting-up platforms for private sector and public sector to interact, organizing and attending meetings, etc.
Desired Qualities and Personal Situation
· Is self-driven and result-oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality;
· Is well-presented and businesslike;
· Is sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up for a few days every month;
· Gets on with others and is a team player;
· Communicates reliably to the office base and with stakeholders when abroad;
· Can work extended hours on occasions when required.
Specific Job Skills Requirements
· Has experience working with various stakeholders at all levels in a multicultural context;
· Displays a high degree of professionalism and has excellent communication skills, including in writing and email, proof reading, and speaking face-to-face or on the phone;
· Understands principles of marketing;
· Is a very competent writer of business letters and proposals;
· Successfully manages stakeholder demands.
Computer Skills Required
· Must be a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications and in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
· Must be comfortable carrying-out online desk research.
· Excellent command of English;
· French and/or Arabic is an asset.
Job vacancy: Administrative Officer
University degree in business administration or related fields.
Manage office supplies stock and place orders
· Maintain and update the Agency databases
· Organize a filing system for Agency documents
· Update office policies as needed
· Maintain the Agency calendar and schedule appointments
· Book meeting rooms as required
· Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
· Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
· Arrange travel and accommodations
· Schedule in-house and external events
· Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
· Solid knowledge of office procedures
· Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
· Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail
· University degree; additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus
· Fluent in English and Arabic (speaking and Writing) is a must – French is an add
· Minimum 10 years of experience in the same position
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com Vacancy open until filled.