General Authority For Investment and Free Zones (GAFI)
The General Authority for Investment (GAFI) is an affiliate of the Ministry of Investment (MOI) and the principal governmental body regulating and facilitating investment in Egypt. GAFI is the regulatory body of any joint stock, limited liability and sole proprietary companies. Incorporation of these companies are conducted at GAFI and it is its role to authenticate the general assemblies and board of directors meeting minutes.
GAFI is a proactive investment promotion agency with several functions that ease the way for domestic and international investors who are interested in opportunities presented by Egypt’s growing economy. Its functions include, but are not limited to, investment promotion and facilitation, business matchmaking, investor aftercare, dispute settlement, research and market intelligence.
GAFI is continuously committed to enhancing and reforming Egypt’s investment climate by channeling investors’ feedback to government agencies, adopting new investment regimes and supporting entrepreneurship as a driver for economic growth. In order to achieve this.
To position Egypt as the location of choice for business and innovation
To enable and sustain Egypt’s economic growth through investment promotion, facilitation, efficient business services and advocacy of investor friendly policies
- Promote Egypt’s promising economic sectors for the purpose of attracting foreign investments, reinvestments and expansions.
- Facilitate and provide services to investors through GAFI’s “one stop shops”.
- Support and accelerate the development of competitive strategic clusters and investment zones.
- Stimulate entrepreneurship and SME investments.
- Advocate policy changes to enhance the overall investment and business
Source: General Authority for Investment and Free Zones