Ethiopian Investment Commission
The Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC) is a government organization established in 1992 to promote private investment, primarily foreign direct investment. The overall activities of the Commission are supervised and followed up by an Investment Board, which is chaired by the Prime Minister. The EIC is headed by a commissioner who is also a member of the Board
To be a strong institution which will make Ethiopia one of the leading investment destinations in Africa?
To enhance investment, both foreign and local in the country by promoting its resource potentials and divestment opportunities’' initiating policy and implementation measures to create conducive investment climate and providing efficient services lo investors so as to bring fast and sustainable economic development in the country.
- Provision of efficient and effective services which are tailored to the best satisfaction of our customers.
- Efficient and effective utilization of our resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing information required by investors
- Receiving investment applications
- Approving and issuing investment permits
- Providing registration services to newly incorporated business organizations, inducing notarization of memorandum and articles of association
- Providing work permits to foreign employees
- Issuing trade and operating licenses to approved foreign investments
- facilitating the acquisition of land by foreign investors
- Providing all other pre and post- approval services to investors
- Promoting and facilitating foreign direct Investment
Source: Ethiopian Investment Commission (EIC)