Economic Development Board of Madagascar
The Government of Madagascar is pursuing a policy of attracting foreign direct investments as one of the key strategies for the development of the country.
For this purpose, the Economic Development Board of Madagascar has been established in 2006 with delegated powers to facilitate and promote private domestic and foreign investments in Madagascar.
It is also responsible for the formulation of appropriate investment promotion policies and strategies.
The EDBM's role is to ensure that the business climate of Madagascar is attractive and conducive for the success of private enterprises and for investments in general.
A team of experts at EDBM with a strong industry expertise offers a personalized range of services to facilitate and promote investments.
- Advising on investment opportunities
- Assisting for setting up businesses, and issuing work permits, visas, licenses and any other clearances
- Organizing road shows with participation of the Private Sector
- Acting as a bridge between Public and Private Sector
- Acting as a One-Stop Shop for investors, EDBM is also in charge of Company incorporation, and Issuance of long-stay visas, resident cards, work permits, environmental permits, necessary authorizations for tourism sector, agreements for export-oriented companies under EPZ regime
Source: Economic Development Board of Madagascar (EDBM)